Southern Star Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Governor

Go down

The Governor Empty The Governor

Post  Governor_Flory Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 am

The following is a recording of Joel Peterson, a colonist of the Eradani Sector, recorded at Drozana Station Bar

*background chatter can be heard of the patrons*

Joel: So ya wanna know about the Governor eh? Well let me buy you a drink, this story's gonna go for a while. *Joel orders the drinks then settles down* Alright then, well where to start. He grew up on a colony and got the wanderlust all colonist youngens get sometimes. Want to go out and see the galaxy. Tired of working the fields, you know how it is. Well you see he decided to join Starfleet and got accepted as an officer. Due to his background working on the fields at the colony he got assigned the engineering corps. I hear that he spent his first year being confused by all the updated technology on Sol, see the colonies didn't have the most up to date technology. Despite being hamstrung in this regard in comparson to his fellow students what did have was being able to make do with what he did know.

I was told he surprised everyone when he made the most crazy ass things from spare parts. Then again we colony folks know how to make do with what we got. He got assigned to 2nd Fleet and was sent into the Dominion War. NowI don't have any idea what in the hell happened in that sorry mess of a war but he came back changed. His bright spark had died in his eyes and he seemed to have a deep sorrow in his eyes. Soon after his first tour was up he retired from Active Starfleet Duty. He then transferred to the Colonial Section of Starfleet, for some reason he got gifted a newly made Dreadnought called the Iron Duke. Now word is he did something that impressed the Klinks, I got a feeling it was them that got Starfleet to give the Governor the Duke.

Now with his crew of folks he met in Starfleet who followed him and some colony buddies from the old days Flory spent 10 years flying around on the Duke bringing supplies and defending the colonies from threats such as pirates and the like. In time they gave him a colony. It was called the Wide Bay, he spent a long time helping those folks turn a collection of hovels into a fine settlement. It was a beautiful place, I spent time there, was a fine place. It really was...

*stays silent for a while*

Now listen you don't need to know what happened ma'am. All I'm gonna tell you is the Borg showed up and we lost the Colony, thanks to the help of Alexa, a passing Federation officer we managed to save 60% of the colony. Problem is we left 40% back there, that's 40% of some damn fine people we aint gonna get back. Yes that's also why he's got a visor and why he aint got replacement eyes aint none of your business, I think this conversation is over ma'am, I don't like how yer treatin' this.

*it is assumed that the journalist was a little caught up in getting a good story and forgot that good story or not, a little bit of empathy and respect is needed.*

Governor_Flory
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down